Friday, February 11, 2011

A Bittersweet Day

Today was Chris, Courtney and Bryson's last day in Amarillo. I of course woke up with a headache and didn't get over to see them as soon as I had planned but we did make it over before they left. It's bittersweet because they are leaving, but also a good thing because they are going where God has directed them. They will be living about 8 and a half hours from here. The good news is they live really close to a nice large lake and Houston, Austin and Dallas. It will take some adjusting for all of us, but I know it will be a good thing. We will all miss them so much and will miss seeing Bryson growing and changing. I told Courtney she has to start blogging. So when you talk to her, remind her you are checking in and want to see photos of their new life. Here are some photos I took in the past month.


These first three are from a day in January when Courtney stopped by the house. Those are the days I will miss the most.






These are some I took at Bryson's 2nd Birthday Party.


 He had a blast and really thought he was one of the big kids. He definitely tried to keep up with them.


I took these next few with my camera phone as believe it or not I forgot my good camera. Thankfully Kevin was sweet enough to go back home and get it for me.




Then after the birthday party our family went out to dinner. Again, Bryson thought he was one of the big boys, so he had to sit at the booth with his cousins, Dam*n and Azari*h.

And finally we get to today. This is what we saw when we turned the corner and I knew for sure it was real . . . they were moving away.


Chris's dad and step-mom were there to say their goodbyes too.

Bryson seemed to be a little freaked out about the whole situation and was not letting Courtney and Chris out of his sight.

Jackie giving Courtney a goodbye hug. The tears started about this time.

Jackie and Chris saying "Goodbye."

Chris' dad Jerry saying "Goodbye" to Chris and Bryson.

After this Kevin and I gave them hugs and told them we loved them and would see them soon. I just hate changes, but I wish them the best of luck in their new home and new church. We love you Chris, Courtney and Bryson.  

3 comments:

Tina said...

Well...I am crying now. God has a plan....and He knows all about this! Best wishes to this precious family!

De said...

I'm crying! I didn't get to see them very often, but I will miss them terribly! I am so proud of them. They are strong in their faith and God will bless them. I love the picture of Bryson in the swing. That is so cute.

Devora Chana said...

I'm crying too. When I looked at Bryson I could remember seeng the exact expresion and tilt of the head on Courtney as she was growing up. That child looks so much like her but I can see Chris too.

I know they will have so much fun and have so many adventures to blog about.

G-d will bless and keep them I know.