Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our New Life!

I thought that it would be much easier to blog once we got all settled in to our new life here in Huntington but the truth is I find it very hard to come up with things to write about. Our life is pretty much the same except for the fact that we are here and everyone else is not. We couldn't have asked for a better place to move to! The church and all the people are great, the trees are great and best of all the lack of wind is great! If you want to come visit just give us a call! We've got plenty of room!

Chris, Bryson and I are all adjusting very well! Bryson started potty training last week! He picked it up pretty quickly but I'm sure it will take a few months for him to get it 100%. He has made some new friends, Lexi, Jacee, Slade and Wyatt! He loves playing in the backyard and riding his bike! He is talking like crazy! He says I miss you but he really means I love you?! I'm not sure how he got it confused? I have started walking at 5 am with some of the ladies at church! Next week we start running! I'll keep you updated on how that's going, if I never talk about it again then it probably didn't go anywhere! I also have made some new friends! And I am in the process of planning something for the girls in our youth ministry here. I am very excited to get things going with that! We had a girls night the other night and went to dinner and came back to my house to watch a movie! It was a lot of fun! Chris is really adjusting to the new church very well! He fits in good with the staff members and is starting to plan a lot of fun things for youth this summer! He goes and plays basketball with some guys every week in the gym at our church. Other than that he just reads a lot and hangs out with me and Bryson!

*We can't forget about Embry! He is doing very good too! He is having fun playing in the yard!*

Here are some pictures of our trip to the Lufkin Zoo! Bryson and I went with some new friends of ours for a play date!


This is Bryson's friend Slade!

Well that's all I've got for now! I will try very hard to keep the blog updated and to remember to take more pictures!

5 comments:

~Manda Jo~ said...

Hey Courtney!

I am so glad everything is going great for yall! :) You are a CHAMP for getting up at 5 and walking and now that you are thinking about running! Your AWESOME! I wish I could do that! ha ha! It sounds like God has certainly carved out a place in Huntington just for yall. We still miss you around these parts though! Hope to see yall soon! Easter won't be the same!! :)

Love,

Amanda

De said...

Glad to hear from you. Love the pictures, especially Embry's pink car. That is hilarious!! I really like Huntington, your house and the church. I'm glad all is going so well for y'all. Bryson is getting too big too fast. Keep posting pictures. Love you all!! De

Deonne said...

I'm so glad you posted and it doesn't matter if you "think" you have anything to say. We all miss you and the rest of the family like crazy and any tid-bit you share is like a drink of water. It's good that you all are adjusting. We need to Skype again. Hope to see you soon, but we are still planning on coming down in June.

Devora Chana said...

It's good to know that things are going good for you. Of course, I knew they would.

I love that area of Texas. When I put in my order that area is one place I requested, but G-d had a different idea.

I do hope we can come visit sometime, but who knows when that will be.

I love you! Give that big boy a hug for me and tell Chris I send my regards.

Hugs!

Aunt Darla

Linnie Sanderson said...

It is great to hear from you and see pictures! It sounds like all of you are making the adjustment with no problems. I am so proud of you! Love, Mimi