Saturday, July 9, 2011

Marker Boy

One of my favorite children's authors is Robert Munsch. I have almost his whole collection of books. He writes very whimsical funny stories, all except I'll Love You Forever. I'm still not sure where that one came from but I love it too. One of the class favorites was Purple, Green and Yellow.


 It's about a little girl named Brigid and the coloring markers she begs her mom to buy her. Mom is against the idea as she "Knows what kids do with markers. They color on the floor and the walls and themselves." I won't spoil the story for you but it is a delightful tale and I highly recommend it but for children five and up as younger children would only get more mischievous ideas from the book.

That brings us to today. I got an email from Lavonna titled "Little Marker Boy." I wasn't sure what the reference was too. My first thought was Little Drummer Boy, but the Robert Munsch book was in the back of my mind. I clicked on the attachment and this is what I saw.

Bryson, Little Marker Boy!


I sure hope those markers are not like the ones in the book, "super, indelible, never wash off until you're dead and maybe longer coloring markers."

 Like the commercial says, "Where is your mother?!?!?"

No comments: