Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Update 11:00 p.m.

I went to see Courtney and Chris tonight at the hospital. There really has been no change in the situation. The doctor comes in and spends about 60 seconds in the room and then leaves. At this point we are beginning to think he wants Courtney to stay until Bryson makes his entrance. I guess if that is what it takes to get him here safely, then that's what will be done. The only thing that happened tonight while I was there was the nurse brought in the monitor to check on Bryson's heart beat and to check for contractions. Courtney told the nurse tech. that the earlier nurse had found his heart beat right off the bat, but apparently this nurse has trouble every night. Well, tonight was no different, Bryson was NOT cooperating. After about 15 minutes of no luck I said, "Do you want me to get on to him?" So I said, "Bryson you better cooperate!" and almost immediately she found his heart beat. Courtney said, "Bryson get used to it, Leelee's the boss." I thought it was funny. Also Courtney had a sonogram today. She was excited to get to get out of bed and out of the room for a minute. The sonogram showed Bryson to weight 2 pounds and 6 ounces I think. I know he had gained a couple of ounces since the last sonogram. He is still breach and his spine is towards Courtney's back. Hopefully things will continue to improve and Courtney will get to go home for bed rest there. Keep praying.

No comments: