Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update Thursday 7:30 p.m.

I went out to the hospital to visit with Courtney today. I haven't been out in a couple of days, been really busy and letting her rest. I know she was really upset the day she talked to her employer. Several of you have asked about that I will get to that in a minute. There really hasn't been any change. Courtney is still on bed rest and the doctor hasn't said for sure she was going home Saturday, but we are hoping. She said today when she was on the monitor, that the nurse said there was an indication of one contraction, but Courtney said she thought it was a "yawn" blip. Courtney said they usually draw her blood in the early evening so I don't know if she still has a high white blood cell count to indicate infection. I'm sure if there is any hint of infection or contractions the doctor will not release her, but that's just me guessing. Thanks for your prayers and keep checking in. I will post as soon as I know when she is going home and also where. They are thinking about going home with Lavonna and Brice, especially since they are going to have to pay for COBRA insurance.

Now for all the questions about who her employer is, her paycheck comes from Panhandle Eye Group but she actually works for Broome Optical. As you see by clicking on the link it is quite a group of local eye doctors. I know a few people have already called their doctor to complain. She said the lady in charge of employee benefits did call her back and say they would extend her employment to the end of February and the manager at Broome Optical said Courtney could come back to work for them after she had the baby if she wanted to. In addition, South Georgia Baptist, where Chris works, said they would match part of the insurance payment. So prayers are being answered. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Continue to lift Chris, Courtney and Bryson up for God's intervention and grace.

No comments: