Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2/18 - 10 Days Old!!!

Time is already flying by, I can't believe that Bryson is 10 days old! He gained another ounce yesterday and is up to 3 pounds 10 ounces. He is just growing like a weed. He is starting to get some chubby cheeks, (see picture below). They took his iv out last night so he is only hooked up to the monitors and is getting all the nutrients he needs through his feedings. He is up to 33 mL every 3 hours, which is the maximum they will give him until he reaches his birth weight again. Then they will increase how much he gets depending on his weight. When I held him last night the nurse unhooked him from his monitors. I was a little scared because if he had an apnea spell I wouldn't know, but I think he did good, I really didn't give him the chance to stop breathing because I was rubbing his back and talking to him to make sure he remembered to breathe. So he is pregressing nicely, and growing up already.

Yesterday I forgot to mention that Bryson will be starring in the new BSA NICU Brochure. They came and took his picture yesterday morning, pretty much because he is so stinkin cute. So it looks like we have a celebrity on our hands!

The baby I asked you to pray for yesterday, was taken to Lubbock so they could do a heart surgery on her. Continue to pray for her and Bryson. Thanks for all of your love and support.

1 comment:

Natalie Lowe said...

He is definitely more than "stinkin cute!" I love the way he tries to sprawl out already!! Praying for you all and DNOW this weekend. I'm proud of you Chris!