Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bryson's First Bottle

Today the nurses in the NICU gave Bryson his first bottle. I'm 'not sure if it was soy formula or breast milk. He did pretty well this morning and drank quite a bit of his bottle. He seemed surprised when something came out of his "passie." Not all that came out went into his tummy but he did pretty good for his first try. Then this afternoon I got to take Courtney back to see Bryson and the nurse tried again to bottle feed him. He didn't do as well as he did in the morning, but did attempt a little. He got so sleepy she had to finish up with his feeding tube. The nurse said they would probably only try to bottle feed him once a day for now. He is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs 3 lbs and 11 oz and is starting to fill out a little. Here is a little video we shot from my RCA Small Wonder that I won last year at Kevin's dad's birthday party. It comes in handy. Hopefully we'll post more video as Bryson continues to grow.

3 comments:

Suleyka said...

I am very happy for you and your family!! It is sooo awesome that he has started bottle feeding .... God Bless!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I can't wait to get to see him in person. Love & Prayers De

Anonymous said...

Chris & Courtney,

Bryson is beautiful! This is awesome and a wonderful way for me to stay updated without having to call all the time. :)
Courtney, honey I hope you are feeling better every day. Bryson is beautiful! I can't wait to meet him personally! :) Love you all, Aunt Lisa